Canarsie

In this blog I talk about my neighboorhood [Canarsie]. I give you a brief history and also i talk about the council people of Canarsie. I even inclue a small picture of a how my community looks like!!To see all of this just click on the picture below
Canarsie

My Mahalo BLog

These are links that go to my Mahalo blog. Under each of these topics I have written a little about it. Most of them are from my point of view.


[=>>[Mahalo]<<=]



Wednesday, February 13, 2008

African American Lives

http://www.thirteen.org/edonline/aalivestoolkit/

Time: February 13 channel 13 9:00 pm

Questions:
1) Who is Dr. Henry Gates?
2) Choose an interviewee and discuss the following :
-Historical events of his/her family
-The historical significance

Answers:
1) Dr. Henry Gates is the host and co-producer of African American Lives and African American Lives 2

Henry Gates

2) Chris Rock was interviewed by Dr. Henry Gates

Chris Rock


These are the historical events of his family :
  • 1865 In March, Julius Caesar Tingman enlists with the U.S. Colored Troops after twenty-one years as a slave. Tingman, Chris Rock's great, great grandfather, remains in the army until 1866.
  • 1940s Alan Rock, Chris Rock's grandfather, leaves South Carolina for New York City where he becomes a cab driver and preacher.
  • 1965 Chris Rock is born on February 7th in Andrews, South Carolina.




    Link For Chris Rocks Interview - http://www.pbs.org/wnet/aalives/

No comments:

Last Time - Trey Songz